Friday, January 14, 2011

Boot camp was very intense today! Class started with a treadmill warm up for 10 min. Once the warm up was over we went down to the gym with our mats. John (our trainer) had us start with laps until he was finished setting up. Our challenge began with 2 different stations with 45lbs weights. One station with the 45lbs weight was used to lift 10x over our head. To be honest I have never lifted any weight over 15lbs with the exception of a 20lbs arm curl so to lift 45lbs weight over my head is truly amazing. I can’t say I did this drill the total 10x, however I did get up to 5x. Please don’t tell my trainer that little tidbit of info. I spent most of my time creatively looking very busy and in pain when he passed  me up just so he wouldn't stop next to me and try to chat. Not only would this give him an up close count of the number of reps I am doing, or better yet not doing, but the real issue is its not even possible to talk during this exercise. 

The next 45lbs weight was put on a towel and we had to push it across the floor of the gym back and forth. Between each station we had to do a quick lap to keep the oxygen flowing. Once we finished this exercise 5x over we did an exercise called Indian Runs only our version was more like Indian sprints. This exercise is when you have runners all in a line behind one another and at my trainers que the last runner would sprint to the front of the line. Since there were 10 of us we did this exercise 10x around.

The remainder of our exercise class our trainer went easy on us (that is so not true) by having us do 50 push ups, 100 sit ups, 4 minutes of planks and I believe we did a few flights of stairs. We did that twice so I guess that totals 5 flights up and down. My arms are like jelly and my legs are like jam. All I need is the PB.

2 comments:

  1. Wow girl, you most definitely BROUGHT it!! Remember, someone else's best is not YOUR best. Push yourself to YOUR limit...do your best and forget the rest!! :)

    ReplyDelete