Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Circuit Training

I am not sure how it worked out for me the way it did, but today I had the easiest of all my Bootcamp days so far.  Today we did circuit training and although its intense in its own right, it is a lot easier for me to pump iron or resistance train than it is to run, jump, fly, sky, bowl, all while sprinting accross the floor with a 50lbs weight in my hand. 

Our training started  us out with running for 15 min. I have to say running is my most proudest accomplishment when it comes to boot camp because I have always had a mental block about it.  Last week I accomplished something I thought I would never do which is run 3 miles straight (with the exception of fixing my music on my IPhone) without feeling I needed to stop at the 1 mile mark.  I had to build up to that by doing 2 miles of course but I am curious where this will take me next. 

After our run we went into circuit training.  For those of you who arent familiar with this sort of training, it is when you move between machines with timed increments in between. Here is a generic example below.















This type of training is usually to build strength.  I have to say I enjoy this type of training because its not cardio which is my least favorite excercise.  We finished our curcuit training in 30 minutes which was approximately 3 sets of excercises on each machine.

The conclusion of our day was sprints, suicides, planks, wall sits, and 3 flights of stairs.

I can feel myself getting stronger and know my endurance is building.  I am very happy with my results so far.  I have changed my diet dramatically which is a large part of the success I am seeing.  I encourage anyone to make the changes if you want to see results!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Marie!

    I think both the workouts and this blog are a great idea!

    Keep it up. As Spock used to say:

    'Live long in phosphor.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie,
    You're off to a good start. Perserverance is the key to success.

    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete