Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No Weights No Problem!

Started BC with a 15 run/jog.
Today in BC our work out started out a little different that usual and what I least expected happened.   Usually our work out instructor (John) has us carrying anywhere from 15lbs to 45lbs dumbbells downstairs accompanied with jump ropes, resistance bands, risers, or bosu balls.  Today we simply carried our own bodies along with one simple yoga mat in tow.  I can't say that I didn't think I wouldn't work out hard without workout instruments, but I have to admit I was curious what we would be doing for an hour with nothing to implement in the routine.

Well 2 minutes into the workout that notion was broken and I could clearly see that I was in for a very difficult work out.  Anytime he puts towels on the ground I usually want to run out the door. Towels on the floor generally means he is going to have us push something(usually weights) across the gym floor and back.  Today with no weight on the towel meant I have to push myself which one would think that would be easier but I surprisingly found it harder.  I have two floor burns on my knees to prove it.  (not a very feminine look that's for sure) Pushing a towel across a gym floor I'm thinking is the least becoming position I could find myself within a day's period so as you can imagine when I am asked to do this exercise I am trying to finish as quickly as possible. Regardless of how hard I try I can't get across this amount of floor space without falling to my knees (humbling right) which explains the burns on my knees.  Wait it gets better... I only had to do this 3x.

The entire work out was set up in 2 phases.

Mountain climbers
Push Ups
Planks
Burbpee's

Sprints is the break off point and we went back into the cycle 3x

Second phase we went into

Walls sits
Sit Ups
Mountain climbers pushing a towel across the floor
Squat jumps
Lunges half court and back

Suicides broke the cycle and then we had to repeat the exercises 3x

Last section we did some paired off exercises where we help your partner do leg ups with resistance or sit ups with your partners resistance.

60 minutes and I loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment