Wednesday, April 13, 2011

On your Mark, Get Set, Go!

My boot camp instructor seemed to turn things up a notch this week in class.  Monday (I didn't make it because I was running with my run club) but everyone said it was really tough.  Wednesday we started as we always do by running on the tread mill (no biggie 10 min)

I wouldn't call this routine circuit training since we only used 1 machine (for leg curls) but that is exactly the idea or concept he used. He set up stations with weights, bosu balls, and mats and then he says on your mark, get set, go!

 Just like that~ after getting our instruction we all scramble around the gym looking for our stations to lunge, plank, or jump.  There is one station with treadmills that he has us literally pushing a treadmill (yes he is insane).  To add insult to injury I haven't even had my coffee but I am mountain climbing while balancing on a bosu ball.  All in all I would say this work out was at a level 9.  Really tough with a lot of sweat to prove it.  I can only hope that my body responds in time for Dominican Republic in May!

Today's work out included:
1 min pushing the treadmill
1 min jumping jacks with weights
leg curls for 60 seconds
20 sit ups with 15lbs weight (holding it over my head the entire time)
25 lunges with 20lbs weight (holding them over my head as I walk)
mountain climbers with a bosu ball 60 seconds
Dumbbell Planks Row  (15lbs weights each)

No comments:

Post a Comment