Monday, April 11, 2011

Run Club

As my boot camp classes comes to a close I am working on new and exciting exercise projects to keep the momentum.  My new Run Club is definitely an off shoot of boot camp.  Boot camp has done more for me than shed weight off of my body, it has shifted my paradigm about exercise and fitness.  Prior to joining boot camp I did exercises on a regular basis however I clearly see it was the intensity or lack there of that was different from what I do now.

Boot camp has given me the regularity while instilling in me a desire or hunger for more activity.  I find myself looking for more ways to do something outside vs. inside.

Another part of this experience is learning more about what makes me tick. I have found that my motivation comes from people.  I want to work out with a group or with my friends.  If I know someone will meet me or be waiting on me I am less likely to cancel or change the plans.

Knowing who you are and what you like is a key element in creating a fit lifestyle. Prior to boot camp if anyone ever asked me if I was a runner I would have surely said no.  I say that primarily because of the lack of stamina I had which derailed any efforts of running short distances much less long.  After practicing and growing my stamina I realized I am a runner and I do enjoy it. Clearly running has become a new part of my work out routine and to ensure I stick with it after boot camp I started a run club.  Having that accountability is something I don't want to loose out on.

 Blogging was another way of holding myself accountable.  Many times in the beginning I would not want to go to meet with my group but I would reason with myself that if I don't go I won't have anything to write about. 

All in all the results of the work outs  were extremely favorable and over all I am seeing success in my health and fitness goals.  I see no need to reinvent the wheel but instead copy it. Feel free to take anything I have mentioned and let it move or inspire you to make the changes you need to make today!

No comments:

Post a Comment